Saturday, March 23, 2013

No more mini-van for us!

October 8, 2012 - So after much deliberation and research and shopping - we finally ended up with this toy!  I've known since about the 2nd week we had the mini-van that I just wasn't a mini-van kinda mom.  We loved the vehicle itself, very user friendly, great space, fit 8 people and their luggage - but it was a mini-van :(  But I dealt with it for nearly 6 years!!! 

We had been talking for awhile we were going to need to be getting something different.  The van had just about 100,000 miles on and it and nothing major had happened yet but we had a few smaller things that we just really felt were leading to bigger things.  So instead of getting ourselves stuck in a vehicle that was going to require too much to repair, we just found a different one.

It's a 2011 Toyota 4 Runner - we named her Yota :)  She's very fun to drive and she talks to me :)  Of course, usually we just repeat the same conversations:

Me:  Call Craig
Yota:  Excuse me, I didn't understand
Me:  Call Craig - a bit more clearly and loudly
Yota:  Excuse me, I still didn't understand
Me:  (now yelling) CALL CRAIG
Yota:  Sorry, I can't help you.  Goodbye!

Dumb Yota!!!

But I still love her!  We lost quite a bit of cargo space and moving room inside from what we had with the van BUT... I'm no longer a mini-van mom and that's worth it to me :) 


No comments: