Sunday, March 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

December 24, 2012 - I love the celebration on Christmas Eve probably more than I love it on Christmas.  Not because I don't enjoy celebrating Christ's birth - pretty much the opposite!  I love Christmas and how much nicer and kinder people seem to be to complete strangers - but then Christmas morning comes around and it's all about the presents!  But on Christmas Eve, for us, it's about family!  Since I was very little, every Christmas Eve we would always go to my Nannie's (my great grandma) house and be with all of our family and the presents would almost fill the whole room it seemed.  It felt almost magical!  As I've gotten older, the family has gotten bigger and the present pile smaller, but the feeling of Christmas and being together is still there.  But now we've had to start making another stop before my Nannie's at my grandma's house (The Greats)!  And once again, to the little kids, it's about family and the magical feeling we all feel when we are just together having fun!

 We love to bring out the games that anyone and everyone can play at the Greats - this is a dancing video game - Ashlie is bustin the moves!

And of course once we make it home the kids each get to open one special gift from mom and dad!  Funny thing is every year it seems to be pajamas :)

 This is a picture of me and my Aunt Peggy playing games on Christmas evening!


No comments: