Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tyler's Big Boy Bed




So, I decided that since my baby is now 3 he probably is getting a little big for his crib. He loves his crib and even though he can climb out if he wants to, he doesn't. So I put it off for awhile. But the time has come. So I have been searching far and wide and finally found a bed frame on Craigslist. I hit Lowes for some wood slats for the bottom and pulled a mattress off of Ashlie's bunkbed. Of course then we had to hit Target and get the Thomas Bedding. I wasn't sure how he would do once he actually saw me taking down the crib but he was so excited to see his new Thomas Bed. I checked on him 20 minutes after I laid him down and he was already fast asleep. When he woke up this morning he came into my room and says, "I woke up, all by myself!" He was very happy he could get out of bed by himself this morning. Such a big boy!!! The first picture is of him trying out the new bed, the second picture is of him sleeping after I put him to bed, and the third is of him this morning posing after he got out of bed all on his own.

Bed Frame on Craig's List $30
Thomas Bedding at Target $45
Wood Slates at Lowes $6.54
Mattress from Ashlie Free
Tyler sleeping in a big boy bed - Priceless

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Too cute. Looks like he loves his new bed! Connor slept in his crib until he was about 3 1/2 too - he just slept so well there and didn't ever try to climb out or anything! And who can beat a Thomas bedding set too. :)

Jenny and Chris Dixon said...

So cute! We got Elizabeth a big girl bed but she still tries to sleep in her crib. We are leaving it up for Abby to use in a few months. I like the end with the prices and the priceless experiences.

Becky said...

To cute. He looks really happy to be in a big boy bed now.