Tuesday, September 2, 2008

For MaryAnn and all others that might be curious!

I did make the cake! It was really easy. Kind of a funny story. I was sick on Craig's actual birthday so I opted out of the homemade cake and bought an ice cream cake instead. I was feeling quite guilty so about a month later one day while Craig was at work the kids and I decided we would make him a birthday cake. I had a really cool football pan I was going to do for him, of course in Green Bay Packers colors. Well, Tyler found the Thomas pan, so instead of a manly football cake Craig got a blue Thomas cake for his birthday. So from that time forward any time there was mention of Tyler's birthday he announced he wanted a blue Thomas cake. If he could have taken the joke I would of made him the Green Bay Packers football but since he is only 3 I didn't think it would go over very well.

As for the spicy hots, several months ago Craig and Tyler were home alone. Craig was at the computer eating Flamin Hot Cheetos. Tyler wanted some and Craig told him no because they were hot. So Tyler, being the genious that he is, started blowing on them to cool them off. So Craig tried to explain they weren't heat hot but spicy hot. Of course how do you get that through to a 2 year old? You don't except by letting them figure it out on their own. So Craig gave Tyler a Flamin Hot Cheeto. Of course Tyler loved them and kept begging Craig for more "Spicy Hots". So anytime someone wants to get Tyler a surprise they either get him plain M&M's (he's a chocoholic) or "Spicy Hots"! Weird, I know :)

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Aaaah. I've been enlightened about the spicy hots. Why am I not surprised that he loves them - seems perfect for him! :) And funny story about the cake too. I'm sure Tyler wouldn't have appreciated a football cake!