Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Boys are so weird!!!

At our house we have a basket that houses all of the "lonely" socks and empty hangers for the laundry. So this morning I'm in the bathroom getting ready and I hear Tyler going crazy in my bedroom. I looked around the corner to see him throwing the socks and hangers all over my bedroom. I said to him, "Tyler, what are you doing?" He says, "I'm killing these socks!" What?!?! Not my sweet 3 year old little boy who loves Thomas the Train. I must of heard him wrong, so I ask again, "What are you doing?" To which he replies, "I'm killing these socks!" Yep, I heard correctly. So we haven't started the whole shooting and killing playtime at our house yet so I'm trying to figure out where he has gotten this from. I think little boys just have different wiring than little girls. So, I'm hoping my little monster who now growls at me when he isn't happy and kills socks will still grow up to be a decent person, lol! I just keep telling myself what a sweet little boy he is. Craig says I keep saying that just to try to convince myself, lol!! You gotta love 'em!

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Once he's finished killing your basket full of socks, send him to me - I have a drawer full! hehehe. Yup, boys are definitely wired differently!

Tiffany said...

I wondered the same thing when David was 2 and picked up my mom's hairdryer and started "shooting" with it! We had not done any shooting games with him either but there he was shooting it up with a hairdryer! Boys are definitely weird! I wonder why he decided the socks needed to be killed?

Anonymous said...

You mean those days of watching Garrett didn't give you a preview enough? I guess he was too little to do the shooting stuff then. The physicall-ness (made up word) of boys never stops amazing me...Garrett can never sit still or waste energy "relaxing"! He sure sleeps well though! :)