Sunday, August 10, 2008

LDS Bookseller's Convention (Kid Version)




So, while Craig and I headed off to the convention the kids got to stay at Grandma and Grandpa's. We knew the kids would be fine. We were mostly concerned about Grandma and Grandpa. I have left Tyler for a few days at a time before but it has always been with him at home, this was a first leaving him somewhere else. But I figured he would be okay since the girls were there with him. My point was proven as Craig and I left and then realized we had left Craig's wallet so we had to turn around and go back. We went in to get the wallet. When we got ready to leave again I bent down to Tyler and said, "We're going to go now." He backed up against the wall and very serious like said, "I don't want to go, I want to stay at Campa & Campa's." (That is what he calls them when he says their names together.) I chuckled and told him he could stay but that I was going to go. He gave me a kiss and ran off to find Grandpa. So throughout the week the kids were kept plenty busy. Ashlie and Grandpa had lots of fun working in the garden and cooking together. There are also horses in the pasture behind the garden so all of the kids got to pet the horses quite a bit. They played in the sprinkler and played games. It sounds like they had a really good time. And by the time we got back to Idaho the following Friday, Grandma & Grandpa were still functioning and seemed to be in good spirits. I do think they were somewhat happy to see us pull off with all 3 kids that afternoon though. Secretly, I think it was naptime for both of them :)

No comments: