Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm still alive so I must have survived!!!

I was going to title this entry simply "I survived!" Yet I'm not sure what the real definition of surviving is. Such a crazy week! I know most of my friends I have visited with this week seem to have felt like it was a crazy week for them too. I started school. I am taking daytime classes this semester and that is a huge adjustment compared to night classes last semester. I was previously able to study during the day while the kids were gone to school and Tyler was napping, but now I am in class during that time and so my study time is when all of the kids are home and active, yikes!!! This was just the first week so I'm sure I'll get a system down eventually. And then we had so many stinking appointments this week. Sari is now the proud owner of a spacing retainer. We're trying to keep some spots open where teeth are supposed to be growing in, that's been a real blast (insert sarcasm)! We're having a huge sale at the bookstore this weekend so I've been spending tons of time at the store trying to help get ready for that, plus all the fun after school activities are now in full swing. Tyler is now a member of a fun little preschool two mornings a week. And then, crazy as it may seem, I decided in my spare time I would like to be an active participant with the PTA at the girls school. I always volunteer in their classes but I thought I would go a step further and volunteer at some of the other activities. You know, in my spare time :) And the really fun part of all of this is that the eye doctor determined that the last two weeks have been a great time to try me out on some new extended wear contacts. You are supposed to be able to wear them for a week at a time without having to take them out at all. It's supposed to save me time. Yeah, sure!!! I've managed to get as far as 2 days and 1 night and I end up with a splitting headache and my eyes are killing me so I take them out. It takes me a day to recover each time I try this out. I think I'm just not for extended wear. Oh well. So, my goals this weekend include a trip to the temple (Jen's boys are being sealed to them), a blowout sale at the bookstore, reading chapter 2 in Speech twice through so I'm prepared for test 2, finishing both biology assignments, scrubbing my house from top to bottom (including the baseboards, door casings, and window sills), doing my visiting teaching, reading the Sunday School lesson & Relief Society Lesson before church, baking bread and cookies for all of the neighbors, having my children ask if they can help, oh wait, this was goals not dreams. Okay, I'll stop after a blowout sale at the store :) The rest is just a dream :) I'd be happy with a little bit of relax time this weekend I think.

No comments: