Sunday, December 28, 2008

Making Santa's Cookies

As a child growing up one of my greatest memories was of Christmas baking with my mom. We would bake the entire day and at the end of the day the kitchen would be filled to the brim with goodies to share with anyone and everyone. As we've gotten older my mom has continued the tradition with the grandkids. This year was just a little different (seems like this entire holiday season has been a little different). This year my mom came to our house and helped the kids make some cookies here. We didn't go to quite the level my mom does but we did have enough to share with some friends and family and more than enough to eat ourselves. We had lots of fun and I think Santa really enjoyed his cookies because he ate 5 of them!

The kids had fun helping out also. Ashlie and Tyler both had tons of fun decorating the cookies. They both did pretty good with the cookie cutters too but I had to be careful with Tyler because he would do a cut out in about 5 different directions on the same cookie if I didn't catch him soon enough. Sari decided she was not quite so interested in cookie making this year so I put her on camera duty. However, she was quite interested in eating our cookies :)

No comments: