Thursday, December 4, 2008

Biology

As you will recall from previous posts I had a huge presentation due in my biology class the same day as my dad's surgery. I was able to talk to my teacher and turn it in early, however I only had about 2 hours notice that I would have to turn it in 3 days early. Thank goodness I am not that much of a procrastinator so I had it most of the way finished but not quite. Especially because the weekend before it was due I had a big craft fair I was participating in, my dad went in the hospital, and it was the primary program (I'm chorister). So even though I had it pretty well planned out I still had to kind of throw it together at the last minute. I wasn't really sure how I was going to do on it since I didn't feel like I was able to put my best work into it. Then, the week after my dad's surgery (he was still in the hospital and I had spent several days running back and forth to the hospital and trying to keep life somewhat functioning), I had a test in biology. I normally get in about one weeks worth of studying for each test, this test I got in about 3 hours. To say I was stressed was an understatement. So, today was the day to get my grades back on my project, my test, 4 other homework assignments, and the current overall grade in the class. Much to my surprise I got 96/100 on my presentation and I was able to pull a 90/100 on my test. After factoring in all of my homework assignments and such I have a 98.6% in my biology class. I just knew I was going to drop to the B range. Craig laughs because he says I am anal about getting an A. I guess my thinking is that when I was in school before (13 years ago) I had a lot of fun. And my grades are proof of the fun I had. So now that I am older and more mature (haha) I think that if I am going to spend the money and the time in going to school then I want to get a grade worthy of the time I put into it. So far so good. Craig also chuckles at me because I like to tell people how good I'm doing in class. I don't do it to be smug, I like telling people how well I'm doing because I work so hard at it. I certainly don't breeze through any of it, I work hours and hours and when you work so hard and so long on something sometimes it is nice to get recognition for the hardwork. So that is why I am pleased to tell you that while I didn't get the highest grade in my class on either my presentation or my test, my over all cumulative grade is the highest in the class :) So, my thoughts before my presentation and again before my test were simply that maybe Heavenly Father would bless me for my efforts with my dad and help me out in my class a little. I think it worked :)

No comments: