Monday, November 10, 2008

A Tribute To My Dad!



Well, I don't normally just blog about my feelings and things but today has been an emotional day and as I sat here I just felt like I needed to say a few things. First of all, the reasoning behind the emotional day is because we found out today that my dad has to have open heart surgery. He was sick a couple of weeks ago and in the hospital but we thought he was getting better. Then this last weekend he was taken by ambulance back to the hospital where they admitted him again and have been doing more tests. Today they found several blockages in his arteries and are going to have to do open heart surgery to fix it. For those of you who personally know my dad you know what a lifestyle change this will be for him and for all of us. My dad is the backbone to our family. He just has a way to make everything okay. And it is so hard to see him and know that he needs us to be strong for him right now. So, I thought I would like to just say a few things about why my dad is special to me.
First of all my dad gives great hugs. I can remember so many times in my life that all I needed to make it through was a hug from my dad. My dad is the most selfless and loving person I know. He would give you the shirt off of his back and the last dollar in his wallet if you needed it. My dad is not rich by any means, but I have never wanted in my life. My dad has always worked and found a way to get us what we wanted. I know he has sacrificed a lot in his life for my pleasure, just because he loves me. My dad is very forgiving. That was always the worst part about doing something wrong because I know my dad would be disappointed, but he was always so quick to forgive us. I remember my dad running alongside my bike as he taught me to ride on two wheels and how he so patiently sat in the front seat of the car as he taught me to drive. I'm so thankful for my dad. I have the best dad ever!
If you would each say a prayer for our family this week we would really appreciate it. We could really use the peace and comfort at this time. Thanks for listening (reading) to my ramblings. I stayed up tonight to get some stuff done around the house that needed to be done so I can try to keep things functioning around here. It will be a bit of a challenge at first to juggle things around, I've just become the number one person handling all of my dad's business affairs. Thank goodness I just got a new palm pilot for my birthday to help keep everything straight. So I guess now that I've cried a whole bucket of tears I better get back to work. Thanks for your prayers!

Here are a couple pictures of my dad. One is of him helping Tyler carve his pumpkin just before Halloween. And the other is last year at the Christmas Parade covering up with Ashlie's My Little Pony blanket. We love you Dad!!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Well you showed me up. I just wrote a little paragraph. I had more on my mind but didn't know how to get it out. We both had the same idea though!

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh. He is the best dad ever! I love him so much. You all are in our prayers. Jen A & family

Larry & Erica Evans said...

I remember the first time meeting your dad @ Nino & Jen's pre-wedding stuff. He's such a teddy bear!!!! I pray all of you will have peace and comfort over the next few weeks.

Amy said...

You and your whole family are in our prayers. Again, let us know if we can help in any way!!!!

Janessa said...

oh my goodness! Is there anything we can do? We will be praying for your dad and the whole family.

MaryAnn said...

Melissa, you have such a great dad! I'm sorry to hear of his heart problems and will definitely be thinking of you all tomorrow. We'll keep you in our prayers too.