Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Biology Presentation


About six weeks ago in my biology class we were assigned a presentation that had to be done. My presentation was on Xenotransplantation (transplanting animal organs into humans). So I've been working for weeks on my project. There was tons of research and then organizing the information and then figuring out how to present all the information on a board. I've been working on it here and there and had it together in my mind just not on the board. My presentation was due this Thursday. I had set a goal to have it completed by this last Monday so that I would have a couple of days to fix anything that wasn't quite right. Well, with the latest developments on my dad I didn't quite finish what I was supposed to. So I stayed up late last night working on it and figured I would get it finished today. We met with the surgeon this morning for my dad's surgery and found out it is going to be on Thursday (the same day my 100 point presentation I've been working on for 6 weeks is due). So I went to talk to my teacher and asked him if I could turn it in early, thinking tomorrow. He says sure, be there at 1:00 today for the lab with your poster (it was currently 11:00 am). So I ran home and managed to glue the last few things down I needed and printed out the works cited page. I did somehow manage to remember to at least take a picture so I could see the final project. I hadn't planned on getting it all done and turned in early but at least now it is done and completely off my plate. Hopefully my grade doesn't suffer from racing through the end.

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Wow, way to go being prepared! That's great you had it planned and finished early. Sounds like a big project! Hope you get an A!