Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Halloween!


I guess I was so excited about my birthday that I completely forgot to blog about Halloween. My cousin Christy and her family came over and went trick-or-treating with us. And we can't forget to mention our adopted daughter Jaqueline, she's the one with her face painted white. This is the first year in about 4 or 5 that we've gone door to door. We usually go to a Halloween party somewhere with trunk-or-treating so this was kind of fun to do it the "traditional" way. We started the evening off with $5 Little Ceasar's pizzas. Then headed into the costume dressing phase. Tyler refused to wear his Thomas costume but loved the hat. I think the costume was a little too restricting for him. He had so much fun walking up to each door and saying "Trick or Treat". We managed to go to about 40 houses I think, maybe more, and Tyler walked the entire way carrying his own bucket. He refused to let anyone help him even when he was dragging it on the ground because it was so heavy. Ashlie also enjoyed herself, just the normal kid trick-or-treating. Sari was kind of funny and it made me realize how big she is getting, about half way through she decided she was done and would just wait on the curb while we walked up to the house. I think she was a little anxious to get home and read her book she had started that afternoon. Guess I can't blame the kid, new book to read on one hand or candy on the other!!! Funny she picked the book. We had a good time and got lots of candy which should last us quite some time, hopefully!

No comments: