Monday, June 23, 2008

13 Years

Well, today is our 13th anniversary. It is crazy to think we've been married for 13 years. I'll give you guys a sappy little love story for those of you who don't know it. I had just started my second year at Ricks and my roommates and I needed a ride to Utah for a friends mission farewell. A friend of a friend knew this guy who had a car (insert Craig) and he'd be thrilled to drive 3 girls to Utah for the weekend. So on Friday afternoon Craig shows up at our doorstep with his friend Chris McCabe to pick us up. One of my roommates actually had a crush on Craig so he was off limits to begin with but so not my type. He was so quiet and reserved. We all had a great time that weekend just hanging out. Craig and I started hanging out a little bit after that and before we knew it we were really good friends. We went on a lot of drives and just talked, a lot! I asked him out first to Preference. At Thanksgiving he asked me how I felt about marriage and by Christmas we were engaged. We got married the following June in the San Diego Temple. Fast forward 13 years and 3 kids later and here we are. We have most certainly had our up's and down's but we've managed to work through them and I think we are better because of it. Over the last year or so we've learned a lot about ourselves and each other and we have a much stronger relationship now. It's nice we can both say we are married to our best friend. It's kind of crazy to think where we might be in another 13 years.

1 comment:

aisha said...

Happy Anniversary! I love hearing how couples met. Thirteen years-wow. Owen and I celebrate 14 years in August. Where has the time gone?