Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Healthier Me



Last fall Craig decided he wanted to be a "healthier" him by making better food choices and by
being more active. I was so impressed with his weight loss and his example of making better choices I decided to start the year off by being a "healthier" me! I need a little more of a push than him though so I decided the best way to make sure I was more active was to pay some money!!! So I convinced my sister and Sari to sign up and do a 5k with me! It was my first 5k ever!!! I honestly wasn't even sure if I could do it - so we started training with 2 weeks notice! And guess what - we made it!!! I walked the whole thing - but I felt so good with myself for actually doing it! Since that time I've made it a priorty to get in my walking every week. I joined a group that walks every Saturday morning and it feels great! Since I walked the whole 5k and was sooo proud of myself - I set my next goal to jog my next 5k! Since I'm a slacker on keeping up on my blog I will actually tell you that I have signed up for my 2nd 5k and it is this coming weekend. My goal is still to jog the whole thing - we'll see how I do - keep watching for posts!

No comments: