Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Craig's Birthday

We had lots of fun celebrating Craig's birthday today!!! So much fun that we are all exhausted :) In fact, we started celebrating yesterday. I made yummy cupcakes and delivered them to him at the hospital to share with all of his coworkers. I made Orange Creamsicle and Lemonade cupcakes and then made little party hats out of fondant to go on the top of each one. He says they were a big hit so I guess I'll take his word on that :)


We started the today out by serving Craig breakfast in bed. Craig is the ultimate pancake maker in our house, so I can never make pancakes again!!! We had to resort to french toast to make something yummy for him. The kids all got early with me to help me make it and it is a good thing that Craig is a sound sleeper because as hard as Tyler tried, he just couldn't be quiet :)

After we served Craig breakfast in bed I started working on his birthday cake. He wanted a Matrix cake so this is what I came up with. It's hard to see in the picture but on the actual cake it has codes all over it in green piping gel.



I treated Craig to a fun activity for part of his birthday present from me. It was so fun that I didn't want him to do it alone so I went with him. Any guesses from the picture??? We got pedicures together. Craig nearly fell asleep during the massage. I'm so glad he got someone who did a good massage. Sometimes they can be in a hurry but not today :) After our pedicures we went to Olive Garden and had lunch. Yummy!!!



For dinner we invited my family over and a few friends and had Craig's favorite (Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole). Afterwards we had cake and ice cream and did some swimming. This is a picture of Craig blowing out his birthday candles :)



Craig got lots of fun presents. This is one from Tyler. Tyler knows how much his Daddy loves to build train tracks so he got him his own package of tracks. Tyler was so excited to give it to him that he actually did it last night without permission :) So we re-gifted again tonight! He also got $$ to go shopping, a pre-ordered Transformers 2 Soundtrack, and movie gift certificates :)


We had so much fun celebrating with Craig!!! We are so lucky to have him leading our family. This morning while he was eating breakfast I gave the kids a little pop quiz about Craig. One of the questions I asked was how old he was. They got that one right. So then I asked what year he was born in, Ashlie said 1901!!! Craig nearly choked on his french toast :) We have so much fun together as a family. I love how well Craig interacts with our kids. When I'm the mean parent he is usually able to come in and smooth things over and keep things balanced out. He is an amazing person and tries so hard every day to keep us happy. The girls love it when people go to the ER because their Dad works there. They always tell everyone that he is the best nurse ever!!! And they mean it :) Happy Birthday Craig!!!

3 comments:

Reed Family said...

I am so impressed with your cake/cupcake decorating skills!!! WOW! It looks like you guys had tons of fun...pedicure huh? I am yet to try one of those...they sound FABULOUS though!

Jenny and Chris Dixon said...

It sounds like Craig had a wonderful Birthday. It's too bad we were not there to enjoy it.

Becky said...

Sounds like a great birthday :)
I want the Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole recipe,please. :) Sounds yummy. Love the cake.