Friday, May 15, 2009

Cupcake Boxes

I'm getting ready to do a wedding cake in a couple of weeks for a lady who wants the "cake" out of cupcakes with just one small cake on the top! So, my original thought was to use nesting boxes turned upside on each other to stack up. However, my theory didn't work out so well once I realized that there would be no ledge for the cupcakes to sit on. So, after much thought (and talking to Dad) I decided to make my own boxes out of plywood. So my dad helped me and several hours later we had some very nice stacking plywood boxes :) I sanded the boxes and painted them but for the wedding I need to cover them with scrapbook paper to make them "pretty". So, I needed to do a trial run on the boxes to find out the best way to attach this paper. So I threw a party :) I invited some friends over and I made lots of yummy cupcakes and I tried out my new boxes. I learned that Mod Podge will work but I need to be cleaner on my cuts on the paper and go slower to work out the bubbles. Here are some pictures of the finished project! Let me know what you think and any suggestions you have, wedding is in 2 weeks :)












This is a picture of the whole thing.










For the topper I made "cakepops". They are supposed to look like little flowers. It's a new idea I tried out. Definitely a work in progress. I'm not making those for anyone, that was just for fun :)











And of course if it is a cupcake box I have to make cupcakes :) I made four different kinds: peanut butter cookie, limeade, oreo cookie, and berry delight! Very yummy :)

1 comment:

Reed Family said...

AmAzInG!!! That is the coolest cupcake-cake I have ever seen! So CREATIVE! And the cake-pops...genius!