Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Random Hapenings

I don't usually post about just little tidbits of information but there have been a few little comments and events the last few days that I thought were blog worthy.

Tyler:
  • A couple of days ago Craig & Tyler were hanging out after Craig had come in from work and Tyler says, "I missed you Dad" and Craig smiled and replied, "I missed you too!" Tyler responds, "We're best friends!" and gives him a great big hug!

  • Tyler and his friend Presleigh were playing at the park. I had taken some marshmallows for them to share and they had both had a few and then went back to play on the toys. Tyler ran back over to get another marshmallow and decided to get one for Presleigh too. She was sitting at the top of the slide and so the gentleman that Tyler is attempted to take it up the slide to Presleigh. After several attempts of sliding down the slide while holding onto the marshmallows Presleigh decided she was going to have to take matters into her own hands. So Presleigh slides down the slide to meet Tyler and they both sit at the bottom of the slide eating marshmallows together. So cute!!!

  • In Tyler's preschool they learn about a different letter each week and so we always emphasize the first letter of words and discuss what sound they make and what letter it is. Yesterday Tyler and I were driving down the road and Tyler asked me what day it was. I told him it was Tuesday. He says, "T t t t tuesday, what letter does that start with mom?" I replied, "T" and he says, "That's right, good job!"

  • I'm in the kitchen making dinner, Tyler comes in and asks what I'm doing. I told him I was making dinner, he says, "Don't make any for me cause I don't like dinner!"

  • Tyler went shopping at a yard sale with my parents. They were given a bag and everything they could fit in the bag cost $1 so Tyler got to "shop" on his own. Among his findings were 2 balls, a lunch pail, a shirt with cars, and a Halloween votive holder for me. My boy knows his mom :)
Ashlie:
  • Ashlie came home with a flyer from school that she is receiving an award at the school assembly on Friday!!!

Sari:
  • Sari finished her Science Fair Project this past weekend and turned it in on Monday. Her teacher told her today that she is 1 of 2 students from her school that have been chosen to go on to the county Science Fair with her project. Her project tested how much lemon juice was needed to keep a sliced apple from turning brown.

  • Sari was nominated as Student of the Month at school and gets to have breakfast with her teacher on Friday morning and will get an award at the school assembly.
All three of our kids are such sweet kids and have such unique personalities. We are so blessed to have each of them in our family!

1 comment:

Jenny and Chris Dixon said...

very cute stories with Tyler. Congradulations to Sari. Thanks for sharing.