Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!!


Valentines Day really isn't one of my favorites! Of course I'm sure you all know which is my favorite :) Yet Craig has done a pretty good job the last couple of years of making it special. This year was no different. He usually spoils me beyond belief and so we decided to take it kind of easy this year and we had so much fun. Here is a recap of our wonderful relaxing day!!!

First, we slept in!!! It was wonderful! I can't remember the last time we both were able to sleep in (by sleeping in I mean 8:00 am)! We lounged around the house and relaxed and just took it easy. After we were both showered we fed the kids some lunch and headed out the door to lunch by ourselves (it's great having a babysitter in the house)!

We headed to Fresno for lunch and ate at Outback Steakhouse and had some very yummy steak! After lunch we headed over to the mall. Here is where the real fun began. We each took $25 and set off on our own. We had one hour to spend the allotted amount of money on our spouse. No shopping for ourselves!!! I had had an idea in mind for a couple of weeks after hearing Craig complain about a particular item and so I already had some gifts in mind. It really is quite fun to shop for the other person and only that person. No kids or anyone else.

After the hour was up we met back up at the appointed location with our items hidden from sight :) We walked over to Cheesecake Factory and got dessert to go! I got the Banana Cream Cheesecake and Craig got the Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake. We went and sat on a bench outside and ate our dessert and exchanged gifts! Craig got me a collection from Bath & Body Works. I got the body wash, body lotion, and fragrance spray in Black Raspberry Vanilla!!! And he only went a few cents over budget :) Good job Craig!!! I cheated a little on the budget and I will tell you why in a minute :) I got Craig a personalized mouse pad with my picture on it (the object he had been complaining about), screen covers for his iphone, and cologne from A&F!!! We had so much fun exchanging gifts and sharing dessert!

After we were finished we headed home! We just hung out the rest of the evening playing some rockband with the kids and having fun! After the kids went to bed we curled up on the couch together with our favorite blanket (thank you Florence for the wedding present) and watched Finding Neverland! It was a wonderful day spent with my best friend ever!!!

Note: This is my justification for going over budget. We used a similar idea a year ago or so on another date except that time we scoured the house for any spare change we could find and then split it. We each ended up with $11. We went to the mall to shop, granted not a good choice for $11, however, that is where we went. After an hour all I could come up with was a Harry Potter toy and some Harry Potter gummy worms for my $11. Craig purchased me a cover for my cell phone which was about double the allotted amount of money. So I got a great gift and he got some cheesy Harry Potter toy, which sits on our dresser to this day! So, that was my justification on going over this time. Now we're even and no one else can go over ever again :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds like such a fun idea. How creative! We'll have to try that next year. Or on our anniversary! And I can't help but say that I turned green with envy that you have an in house babysitter. someday, it will come for me too! Glad you had such a fun day!

Jenny and Chris Dixon said...

That does sound like a good Valentines day. I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy the day together and with your kids. We look forward to seeing you at the end of march.

Lolo said...

So much fun! I have loved checking out your blog tonight. So great! happy birthday sari...she is such a sweet girl and congrats to both of you on her science fair project. that's awesome!