Monday, September 6, 2010

Tyler goes to the Eye Dr.

Craig, Sari, and I all wear glasses so just for good general health practices I make Ashlie and Tyler appointments to get their yearly eye exams also! Ashlie is hoping that one of these years she will have to get glasses but so far, they have all said she has practically perfect vision, just about as good as it can get! So no luck for her lol!

This year Tyler's eye exam landed on the same day he was the Happy Helper at school (refer to previous post). So not only did he get to go wearing his same shirt, we also took Corduroy along with us!

Our eye doctor is a very friendly guy - which is good! I had already been in to see him that morning for my appointment, so when I went in the afternoon with Tyler we just picked up on our previous conversation. We were talking about friends when he walked into the room. Tyler's very first comment to the doctor was, "I have more friends than you!" Dr. Baumann just chuckles and says, "You do??? How many friends do you have?" Tyler says, "18, and that's more than you!" And the appointment just went from there! I never realized how competitive Tyler is lol! Dr. Baumann was a great sport and just went right along with all of Tyler's comments - we couldn't have a better eye doctor!

And it looks like Tyler will be seeing more of him in the future Tyler is getting glasses! They should be in some time this week - I'll post pictures when we get them!

Other conversations between Tyler and Dr. Baumann:

T "I'm smarter than you"
Dr. B "Well, how do you know that? What grade are you in?"
T, "Kindergarten so I'm smarter than you, are you in kindergarten?"
Dr. B "No, it has been a long time since I was in kindergarten"
T "Well, you should go back, it's lots of fun!"




Dr. B asked Tyler if he could put some tickle drops in his eyes (dilate them), Tyler says, "No, I don't want you to do that." So Dr. B says okay I won't if you don't want me to. Then he lays the very cool disposable sunglasses on the counter and says, "I guess we don't need these." Tyler says, "What are those?" Dr. B, "Very cool sunglasses but you only get them if you let me put tickle drops in your eyes, and you don't want me to do that so we don't need the glasses, WAIT!!! Do you want me to put the tickle drops in so you can wear the glasses???" Tyler, "YEAH!!!" About 15 seconds later the tickle drops were in Tyler's eyes and the sunglasses were on lol!

No comments: