Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Family Proclamation

Each year at church we have an event called Craft Saturday. It is a day where the ladies can all come together and socialize and eat and do crafts. There are several different crafts that we can order and then work on that day or you can bring your own crafts from home to work on. This year we are doing a family book on the Proclamation to the World. If you aren't familiar with the Proclamation to the World you can view it in its entirety at www.lds.org. Basically, it is our beliefs on what a family is. The family book we are making goes through the different sections of the proclamation and allows areas to put pictures that correspond with the different sections. I made mine early to use as a sample. I was so pleased with the way it turned out. Such a testimony of how important the family is.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love this book! How can I get hold of a copy and/or instructions?

Lolo said...

that is awesome. i want one, too! i'm also going to try and copy your batman cake cuz kolby wants to have a batman birthday. thanks for all of your awesome ideas!

The Dixon Gang said...

We are doing this as a craft saturday project. I can ask Beth how you can get one Lorile. The Batman cake was sooo easy. I freehanded the whole thing.

Shan said...

Hey, I just happened upon your blog and wanted to comment on your beautiful book. I'm working on a gospel doctrine lesson and was googling the family proclamation. I love that song you posted and I also went to Ricks! Come visit me at my blog: www.familybringsjoy.blogspot.com Have a super day, Shan

germanjules said...

i was googling THE FAMILY and found your book...i felt the spirit as i looked over the pictures appropriately placed with the words of our prophets...beautiful!

Lolo said...

hey melissa! how are you guys? i would love to have these at our ward's craft night. can you email me the info on who was in charge of this project so I can figure out what we need, cost, etc? Thanks! So fun to catch up with your cute family. lorilehoward@gmail.com